Friday, October 28, 2011

Live Your Dreams



FFT: "I should peddle butterflies
there's a shortage in the city
i'll stand on a street corner
mysterious and giddy
when the passersby passby
i will open up my trenchcoat
they will see the butterflies
dangling like fake rolexes
every morning i wake up with a purpose and a smirk."-Regina Spektor

Every day that I live my dreams is a day I really live. This can mean:
-Making an impromptu vision board at work in my cube filled with: pictures of European landmarks, Icelandic artistry, the scrawling of loved ones, and a snapshot of neon kayak's against a cloudless blue sky in Waikiki.
-Starting my day with a green smoothie or the entire batch of kale chips I intended to snack on over the course of a few days (whoops) and feeling so ALIVE.
-Setting an intention and celebrating when I see its benefits
-Teaching a new yoga sequence and inspiring courage, strength, and compassion in my students.
-Practicing kapalabati (breath of fire) on my walk home.

Like Regina's butterfly peddler, I dream big and wake up every day with a purpose and a smirk. I smile from the inside and it radiates. I have millions of dreams. Whenever a new desire approaches I feel excited. More to want. More to visualize. More to be pleased about.

I notice there is more clarity and ease in this process when I eat in a clean way. When I eliminate caffeine, alcohol, all nighters, and dairy from my "god pod"-Kris Carr's catchy term for our bodies-and up my intake of greens, wheat grass, spirulina, and water-it rocks my world. I feel clearer so that I can be a vessel for healing, dreaming, and receiving joy.

Try it tonight. Focus on your dreams. Visualize them in 3D. Breathe into your vision and let any doubts exit through your fingers and toes as you exhale.

Until tomorrow!

xoMorgan

No comments:

Post a Comment