Sunday, October 30, 2011

Celebrate your inner rockstar


"I don't keep up with the Joneses, I am the Joneses."-NeNe Leakes

There is something so ridiculously cool about Janis Joplin. I love to play her albums and feel transported to her era...I imagine I'd be rocking a giant faux fur vest, bell bottoms, and tinted shades. I would be mellow and in love with the earth. Awed by mother nature and sweet soulful music.

Sense memories are so powerful. A favorite cd, scented candle, the way the air feels one morning can deeply impact my mood. When I lose sight of who I am and what makes me happy I sometimes wish things were easier or I start comparing myself to others. Instead why not dig deep and find that inner rockstar, inner budhette, inner raw foods chef, inner CEO and redirect my thought train before it spirals off the track.

So at those times when I feel a little less than...a little un-Janis...a little disconnected from my inner radiance...I vow to come back to my mantra...developed here and now and inspired by NeNe:

I don't keep up with the Joneses I AM the Joneses. I am perfect, whole and complete right this moment. And so are you.

xoMorgan

No comments:

Post a Comment