Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Random Thoughts

So like me to make detailed category headings for my "random" thoughts...

DEVELOPMENT
I think it's funny how we actively work to "develop" ourselves. It seems like something that should be passive, like the slow release of tense muscles as we hang out in a yoga pose, but development is more of an active event. My own personal development has been catalyzed by taking assessments such as the MBTI and StrengthsFinder, by working within professional organizations, by living with my completely opposite yet wonderfully perfect companion, and by so much more.

DE-STRESSING PART 1
I use Badger Stress Soother on my temples and forehead and have mint tea and peppermint altoids on hand for particularly trying moments. Mint/aromatherapy helps me SO much. It airlifts me out of a given situation and into a more blissful place. The balm smells like it belongs in a spa, which is where I belong too.

DE-STRESSING PART 2
Hot yoga-I'm obsessed with this new studio lately-clean, tons of showers, a million class options per day, consistent awesome classes, one location 15 min from my house and one 15 min from my work and your membership is good for both studios! I'm in love.

MEDITATION
I love it. My teacher Fez is amazing. Cultivating mindfulness through
1. Calming awareness
-moving from chaos to peace-
2. Asking healthy questions (what do I want, what do I value, why am I meditating? How do I want to feel?)
-moving from foolishness to wisdom-
3. Cultivating a healthy attitude
-moving from negativity to love-
4. Expressing positive actions
-moving from depression to happiness-
I am peaceful, wise, loving, and happy=the ultimate goals of meditation. Boom.

YOUTUBE
My faves of the moment: Howard Stern. Ellen DeGeneres. Jenna Marbles.

No comments:

Post a Comment