Friday, January 13, 2012

Hello Old Friends

It's been a while! I've been busy-workin my little tush off and trying to heal. I had some HEALTH ISSUES this fall and I had to sort them out. I'm doing much better now with an invigorated diet and health regimen. Feeling good.

To be honest, even though I think it could potentially help people to go into the details of what's going on, I have taken the stance that it's better to be tight-lipped about my health. I feel happier when I just talk about/focus on how amazing things are. My job, boyfriend, friends, family, etc. I am a very fortunate person and THAT is what my thoughts and energy should be spent on. If having a health challenge takes up time, I sure as hell am not going to let it take up any more by THINKING about it too.

So when I say I am working my tush off it involves many components: I have a sweet job that I really love working at a huge pharmaceutical company, training to be/becoming an intellectual property archivist. It's really involving, intellectually stimulating, and all that good stuff. The company has AMAZING perks (fabulous benefits, getting MLKJR day and President's day off...10 holiday parties...gym on site...free food all the time, etc. etc.) and I love the people I work with (as much as one can love working long hours and being told they could be better-hey that just means they know you are capable of more! growth=promotion...right people!?

So anyway...on top of those shennanigans I also teach yoga twice per week which I LOVE. I love the energy, hearing everyone breathing together and visibly softening as they make space in their bodies and minds for so much more than they could have imagined. It makes me so happy...seriously.

I'm also doing some educational consulting. I get to work with kids and prep them for college and make them laugh and stop stressing! It's pretty sweet. And it's pretty nice to actually use my masters now and again ;-).

So in between all of that craziness I try to stay centered and grounded. I didn't make New Year's Resolutions because I feel like every day I set small goals and seek to achieve great things.

On my list: Be 100% set with my emergency fund (3-6 months living expenses in a savings account I don't touch), make a giant dent in my student loans by the end of the year (pay them all off in 5 years), do more yoga, drink more green juice, eat more kale (if possible...i love kale...trust me there are ways to eat it that are really amazing), and completely finance and have peace of mind about my trip to Costa Rica so that Amanda and I can have the time of our lives running (or maybe I will just be watching TBD), doing yoga, surfing, laying on the beach, drinking tropical bevvies, and wearing gorgeous bikinis and island style dresses (thanks mama G and mama C!)

That's it for now!
xoxo
Morg

1 comment:

  1. Wow you are one busy bee!! I smiled reading your post because everything you are doing is wonderful! Sounds like you are on the right track thinking positively and counting your blessings. When are you going to costs rica? I'm very jealous ;) CR is one of my favorite countries that I have visited! I cannot wait to go back... Hope you have a fabulous time!!

    ReplyDelete