Friday, November 4, 2011

Family Time






"A woman sees in the world what she carries in her heart."-Goethe

Things I LOVE about my family:

My mom's generosity. My dad's biting wit. My brother's gentle spirit. Lotta's loveable ditziness. Sonia's fierce lapdog-loyalty. The way my mom mushes all of her food together and calls it "creativity." Her eye for interior design and fashion. Her stubborness and spirituality. Her endlessly abundant love for her children. My dad's inclinations towards bananas, bland crackers, and whole tomatoes and the way he will still get down and do 50 push ups if you make a crack about his age. My brother's openness to yoga despite his favorite hobbies being weight lifting and eating steak. The comfort of being together...our little unit.

So proud to wish my parents a happy 27th wedding anniversary today. Every moment I am with them reinforces my beliefs in the power of resillience and love to overcome absolutely anything. The sacrifices they have made and the joy they have derived from their relationship continue to inspire and amaze me.

I cannot wait to take them on their first duck tour. To introduce them to life alive smoothies and warm plates. To see the puppy tails wagging wildly and to scoop them up and cradle them like infants.

<3 Enjoy the weekend!!!!!!!!
xoMorgan

No comments:

Post a Comment